THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The Humber Internships Programme (HIP) offers 12-week internships and is a great way to make an impact, gain invaluable industry knowledge and start making your mark.
If you’re aged 18+, live in Hull, East Riding, North or North East Lincolnshire and are studying full-time or have graduated at degree level (or equivalent) a HIP internship could be the perfect fit for you.
To ensure you are eligible, please register with a Careers Consultant before applying for this vacancy by clicking the “View Internship” button
**Please note due to the limited time remaining on this project, we are now only accepting general enquiries from those available to work full-time immediately. Post graduate students should enquire only if they want to apply for a specific HIP part-time role.**
B&A Scaffolding Ltd, have been offering a wide range of services to meet the requirements of our customers within the Hull and the Yorkshire region for over 21 Years.
As a scaffolding estimator you will play a vital role in our organisation by accurately assessing project requirements and estimating the costs associated with scaffolding solutions. You will work closely with our clients, project managers and design teams to ensure that the scaffolding design and cost estimates meet the specific needs of each project.
• Review project specifications, drawings, and other relevant documents to understand the scope and requirements of each scaffolding project.
• Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and project managers to gather information and clarify project objectives.
• Conduct site visits to assess the site conditions, identify potential challenges, and gather necessary measurements and data.
• Analyse project requirements and determine the most suitable scaffolding systems and materials to meet safety, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness goals.
• Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates, including labour, equipment, materials, and any additional services required.
• Utilize industry-specific software and tools to generate comprehensive and professional scaffolding proposals and quotations.
• Collaborate with the procurement team to obtain pricing and availability of scaffolding materials and equipment from suppliers.
• Maintain a comprehensive database of cost data, including material prices, labour rates, and equipment rental costs, to facilitate accurate estimating.
• Review and assess changes to project specifications or scope, and update cost estimates accordingly.
• Coordinate with project managers and operational teams to ensure smooth handover of projects and maintain effective communication throughout the project lifecycle.
Education & Qualifications:
• A degree in a construction or mechanical engineering subject
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting construction drawings, specifications, and technical documents.
• Excellent mathematical and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Essential Person Requirements:
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and present complex information in a clear manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality in estimates
• Good personal presentation
• A professional and organized approach to work, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Desirable Person Requirements:
• Driving licence
• Knowledge of scaffolding systems, materials, and industry standards, with a strong understanding of safety regulations.
- Deadline for responses 18 June 2023
Job is closed
Applications are currently closed for this job.