THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The Humber Internships Programme (HIP) offers 12-week internships and is a great way to make an impact, gain invaluable industry knowledge and start making your mark.
If you’re aged 18+, live in Hull, East Riding, North or North East Lincolnshire and are studying full-time or have graduated at degree level (or equivalent) a HIP internship could be the perfect fit for you.
To ensure you are eligible, please register with a Careers Consultant before applying for this vacancy by clicking the “View Internship” button
**Please note due to the limited time remaining on this project, we are now only accepting general enquiries from those available to work full-time immediately. Post graduate students should enquire only if they want to apply for a specific HIP part-time role.**
**Full-Time Graduate Opportunity**
An initial 12-week internship, with a view to turn permanent if internship deemed successful
Overview of Opportunity
Garness Jones is a leading firm of Chartered Surveyors, providing highly accredited property management and property advice to people and companies across Hull and the Humber region. The Graduate Surveyor will form an important part of Garness Jones’ Agency department, working alongside the Agency Director and the wider team with a long-term plan to become a Chartered Surveyor – a highly trained property professional providing impartial, specialist advice on a variety of property related issues and services.
Having successfully hired a graduate in 2022, this new role will have extensive training and guidance from Garness Jones – the Graduate Agency Surveyor will gain exposure to a range of property sectors including industrial, retail, leisure, office, development land, investments and acquisitions – as well as dealing with matters relating to landlords and tenants, such as rent reviews and lease renewals.
The Graduate Surveyor will work alongside existing Surveyor’s and their portfolio which includes dealing with acquisitions, the occupational market for retail, leisure, office, Industrial, development land and all matters relating to landlord and tenant within the sectors for rent reviews and lease renewals. The objective will be to gain experience to work towards having your own portfolio, which will be supported by the surveyors within the firm. The role will be a mix of office-based activities in addition to off-site inspection and liaise directly with client and interested parties.
This opportunity is open to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited degree graduates or a graduate of any other subject area (including current finalists graduating in 2023), with Garness Jones open to funding the right person, with an interest in becoming a Surveyor, through a Post Graduate RICS accredited conversion course if required.
- Working closely with existing surveyors and the department Director, undertaking extensive training associated with all aspect of surveying, with a long-term target of holding your own portfolio
- With guidance and training, you will gain exposure to; disposal and leasing of properties, dealing with landlord and tenant matters, inspections, valuations, report writing, producing ‘Heads of Terms’, promoting properties etc
- You will also ensure database information and tasks are up to date
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the property market; analysing market conditions, responding to merging trends and being aware of competition and activity within the market place (by monitoring online marketing and social media etc)
- Uphold expectations of setting high standards and service levels at all times
- If required, undertaking a RICS accredited distance learning conversion course to become a Chartered Surveyor
Skills and Experience (Essential):
- A RICS accredited degree, or an alternative degree qualification and willingness to undertake on a RICS accredited distance learning course, is essential as a minimum for this position
- Strong communication skills – able to deliver verbal, written information over a number of platforms to a varied audience including clients, proposed tenants, occupiers, investors etc
- Ability to work well within a team
- Highly motivated and positive attitude
- Excellent organisational skills, including being able to plan and prepare for meetings and projects in advance for example
- Good time management skills
- A flexible working approach to be able to meet and overcome challenges
- Full UK Driving licence and access to own vehicle is essential
Skills and Experience (Desirable):
- Have a degree (or graduate in 2023) in an existing RICS accredited subject area is advantageous. This is not essential, as for someone with a keen interest in the area, Garness Jones are open to funding and supporting an alternative graduate with an interest in Chartered Surveying through RICS accredited distance learning conversion course if required
- Previous exposure of creating and delivering presentations desirable
- Previous exposure to a customer facing role or project(s) desirable
- A recent graduate or current finalist (graduating in 2023) from any subject area and any institution to be considered
Potential for Permanent Employment (if applicable):
- Yes, this role has the opportunity to turn permanent if initial internship deemed successful
Permission to work in the UK
All applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Please include one of the following statements in your CV or covering letter when applying for this role.
- I am eligible to work in the UK without restriction
- I am eligible to work in the UK with restriction
- I have no eligibility to work in the UK in the post applied for and would need a Certificate of Sponsorship or other permission in order to take up employment
THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The project has received £900,000.00 of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
- Deadline for responses 31 May 2023
Job is closed
Applications are currently closed for this job.