THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The Humber Internships Programme (HIP) offers 12-week internships and is a great way to make an impact, gain invaluable industry knowledge and start making your mark.
If you’re aged 18+, live in Hull, East Riding, North or North East Lincolnshire and are studying full-time or have graduated at degree level (or equivalent) a HIP internship could be the perfect fit for you.
To ensure you are eligible, please register with a Careers Consultant before applying for this vacancy by clicking the “View Internship” button
**Please note due to the limited time remaining on this project, we are now only accepting general enquiries from those available to work full-time immediately. Post graduate students should enquire only if they want to apply for a specific HIP part-time role.**
**Full-Time Graduate Opportunity**
Graduate IT Officer
Melton, North Ferriby, HU14 3HJ
37.5 hours per week – 08:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 08:00 to 14:00 Friday (including 30 mins unpaid lunch) (Remote work occasionally allowed)
A minimum of 12 weeks initial internship, with a view to turn permanent if successful
Overview of Opportunity
Origin Packaging are a privately owned family company that has been operating for 60 years. Currently employing 36 staff over 2 locations (Melton and Scunthorpe); Origin design, manufacture and supply primary and secondary pharmaceutical packaging in and outside the UK – with a turnover of £20m in 2022!
The Graduate IT Officer will be working closely with the existing IT Manager as Origins first IT team member, shadowing and learning the company software and its impact on the daily business activity throughout the internship. The current IT function provides both Data and Systems support – managing and providing analytical data requests from various onsite team functions at Origin using mainly cloud servers (SAP HANA, SQL), maintaining the functions of SAP Business One ERP and Produmex WMS systems whilst being responsible for site infrastructure, communication and network topologies (LAN & WAN).
As this is an initial internship opportunity, with a view to turning permanent if successful, Origin do not do not expect candidates to have all of the required experience – full training will be given and the job specification will become incrementally applicable as training and experience progresses.
- Working in close partnership with the IT Manager to learn the systems, servers and data IT functions of the business (mentioned above), whilst also consulting other Origin team members to understand the company’s operations and where IT relates to various areas
- Gaining a full understanding over time of the company IT structure and SAP orientated systems
- Assisting with the functioning of the Origin IT infrastructure, becoming first point of contact for IT troubleshooting
- General IT duties may include installing software and providing user guidance, helping create manuals/tutorials for staff or customers, maintaining site IT stock levels, troubleshooting staff or customer IT issues, recording support calls on the SAP system etc
- Responding to requests for Origin data analytics and reports in order to help the business achieve its overall strategy and goals
- Gain confidence to be able to discuss your own ideas and challenge processes and practices from your IT education and graduate technical expertise
Skills and Experience (Essential):
- The ability to travel to company premises is essential, full driving licence and access to your own transport preferred (due to premises location of Melton, HU14)
- The desire and drive to learn the Origin IT software and systems, transferring from a strong technical graduate education/skill set
- The technical know-how to solve IT-related issues
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to recognize the importance of good customer service
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
- Have a methodical approach and can explain solutions in a step-by-step manner that is understandable to non-technical members of the team
Skills and Experience (Desirable):
- Good analytical skills with the ability to break down an issue logically, provide a solution based on methodical problem solving
- Being good at listening and understanding a technical issue to provide clear, unambiguous feedback
- Have a steady disposition and patience with technical setbacks or time-consuming problems
- Understanding of both private and public Cloud infrastructures, and the use of virtual machines within these environments.
- Knowledge of MS Server Technologies including SQL Server, Remote Desktop, VM Ware etc
- Knowledge of relational databases including SQL, HANA and/or other third-party products
- Previous exposure and/or knowledge of business data tools such as MS Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports etc.
- Knowledge of MS Office 365 and/or MS Sharepoint, including creating/maintaining user accounts, email addresses, etc.
- A current finalist or recent graduate with an IT related degree (such as Computer Science, Data Science or Physics) preferred
- A current finalist or recent graduate from any subject area, with a demonstrated strong IT background, to be considered
Potential for Permanent Employment (if applicable):
- Yes, this role has the opportunity to turn permanent if initial internship deemed successful
Permission to work in the UK
All applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Please include one of the following statements in your CV or covering letter when applying for this role.
- I am eligible to work in the UK without restriction
- I am eligible to work in the UK with restriction
- I have no eligibility to work in the UK in the post applied for and would need a Certificate of Sponsorship or other permission in order to take up employment
THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The project has received £900,000.00 of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
- Deadline for responses 31 May 2023
Job is closed
Applications are currently closed for this job.