THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The Humber Internships Programme (HIP) offers 12-week internships and is a great way to make an impact, gain invaluable industry knowledge and start making your mark.
If you’re aged 18+, live in Hull, East Riding, North or North East Lincolnshire and are studying full-time or have graduated at degree level (or equivalent) a HIP internship could be the perfect fit for you.
To ensure you are eligible, please register with a Careers Consultant before applying for this vacancy by clicking the “View Internship” button
**Please note due to the limited time remaining on this project, we are now only accepting general enquiries from those available to work full-time immediately. Post graduate students should enquire only if they want to apply for a specific HIP part-time role.**
Digital Marketing Intern
Aura Innovation Centre, Hessle, HU13 (Some remote work occasionally allowed)
30 hours per week (working every Monday, plus other days/hours to fit – an expectation to be in the office every Monday)
Overview of Opportunity
Active Humber are a charity that works with partners across the Humber, to help get the least active become more active. Active Humber work across the region to help advocate for physical activity, and are one of 43 Active Partnerships across England who are part funded by Sport England.
Active Humber’s vision for the Humber is that it is a place where everyone, every day, is physically active. Whatever someone’s age or experience, Active Humber want to help them on their journey to become more active, and live and feel better – and work with partners in health and physical activity, in the charity and private sector.
The Digital Marketing Intern will be assisting in developing and executing marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and generate partner engagement– with a primary focus on using social media platforms for better visibility and engagement with a mainly business to business focus.
Social media is a key platform to help Active Humber influence the Influencers in the region and to help position us as experts in our field, requiring an enthusiastic Intern to help Active Humber lead the charge in this area.
- Support the Marketing Manager and Marketing Content Officer in delivery of the marketing plan
- Develop and implement social media strategies to promote Active Humber across primarily business to business audiences
- Collaborate closely with the wider team to create compelling content
- Manage social media campaigns including creating, writing, and scheduling social media posts across various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Planning social media content for the month ahead against an over-arching annual strategy
- Engage with followers, respond to comments, and actively follow relevant key partners to create online community
- Take part in social listening and share findings with the team
- Follow brand guidelines for use of appropriate images and video content
- Track and record social media performance metrics
- As part of the team, you will be key to the upkeep and integration of our partner database, helping implement this with Monday.com and Mailchimp
- Other administrative marketing tasks as required, for example, uploading content to website and administration related to our annual conference
Skills and Experience (Essential):
- Strong Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential for conveying ideas, collaborating with team members, and interacting with partners
- Creativity: a creative mindset to contribute innovative ideas for content creation
- Attention to Detail: Paying close attention to detail is crucial to ensure accuracy in content
- Time Management: Effective time management skills are necessary to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritise efficiently
- Team Player: Being a team player and having good interpersonal skills enable successful collaboration with colleagues, managers, and external stakeholders
- Digital Savviness: Proficiency with digital tools, social media platforms, and content management systems is advantageous
- Self-Motivation: Demonstrating self-motivation and the ability to take initiative in seeking learning opportunities and contributing to the marketing team’s success is highly valued
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges
- Reliable, with high standards of delivery
- Exceptionally well organised
- Ability to travel to Hessle, and work from the office, for part of the working week
Skills and Experience (Desirable):
- Working knowledge of social media management tools (for example, Zoho, Hootsuite etc)
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and Mailchimp
- Working knowledge of any Adobe suite package
- Experience in copywriting/content creation
- Recent graduate or current finalist/student available from any subject area to be considered
- A Marketing, Media, Communications or Sporting related degree advantageous, but not essential
Potential for Permanent Employment (if applicable):
- This internship is project based, with no permanent opportunity expected
Permission to work in the UK
All applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Please include one of the following statements in your CV or covering letter when applying for this role.
- I am eligible to work in the UK without restriction
- I am eligible to work in the UK with restriction
- I have no eligibility to work in the UK in the post applied for and would need a Certificate of Sponsorship or other permission in order to take up employment
THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The project has received £900,000.00 of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
- Deadline for responses 11 July 2023
Job is closed
Applications are currently closed for this job.