THIS PROJECT IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND (ESF)
The Humber Internships Programme (HIP) offers 12-week internships and is a great way to make an impact, gain invaluable industry knowledge and start making your mark.
If you’re aged 18+, live in Hull, East Riding, North or North East Lincolnshire and are studying full-time or have graduated at degree level (or equivalent) a HIP internship could be the perfect fit for you.
To ensure you are eligible, please register with a Careers Consultant before applying for this vacancy by clicking the “View Internship” button
**Please note due to the limited time remaining on this project, we are now only accepting general enquiries from those available to work full-time immediately. Post graduate students should enquire only if they want to apply for a specific HIP part-time role.**
**Part-Time Graduate Opportunity**
Bid Writing & Grant Application Assistant
Hull (close to City Centre)
Part-Time, 15 hours per week
An initial internship of 12 weeks (minimum)
Overview of Opportunity
- Toranj Tuition is a Hull based non-profit organisation, providing tuition to disadvantaged children, young people and adults – with the aim of reducing the educational inequality often associated with poverty and to inspire, guide and enable our beneficiaries to achieve their full potential.
- The Bid Writing & Grant Application Assistant opportunity is a vital position for Toranj Tuition, available due to someone leaving the business after a period of 5 years. The role involves writing bids and applications on behalf of the charity to maintain the key operations of the business in their sector
- The role will involve learning from previous grant applications of Toranj Tuition, whilst also applying your own style and knowledge to good effect. Existing knowledge or a passion for charities is essential
- Over the last few years Toranj Tuition have utilised internships 5 times as a route to hire, with a strong and successful track record of integrating graduates/students into their business
- Learning and studying Toranj Tuitions previous grant applications and bids, providing a platform for the position and gaining key knowledge the companies style and approach to this key activity
- Working closely with Directors and the Research & Development Manager in learning about Toranj Tuition, their culture/offering etc whilst attending essential training sessions
- Preparing grant applications and bids, based on Toranj Tuitions previous successful versions whilst providing your own insight
- Conducting detailed required research for each grant application or bid
- Editing and proof-reading different company reports and texts
- Following exposure to the business and relevant training, there will be the opportunity to contribute to other activities within the company, such as tutoring etc
Skills and Experience (Essential):
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- General knowledge and enthusiasm for the charity sector
- Organisational and IT skills
- The ability to manage grant applications process and hit fundraising targets
Skills and Experience (Desirable):
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector for fundraising
- Current finalist or recent graduate in a humanities or social science course preferred
- Any subject area to be considered with demonstrable skills of the above
Potential for Permanent Employment (if applicable):
- Yes, this role has the opportunity to turn permanent if initial internship deemed successful
Permission to work in the UK
All applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Please include one of the following statements in your CV or covering letter when applying for this role.
- I am eligible to work in the UK without restriction
- I am eligible to work in the UK with restriction
- I have no eligibility to work in the UK in the post applied for and would need a Certificate of Sponsorship or other permission in order to take up employment
- Deadline for responses 5 March 2023
Job is closed
Applications are currently closed for this job.